Friday, March 11

Sick People Need Directions and Maybe a Ride to the Doctor

I am dedicating my blog for the next couple of weeks to discuss how to graciously encourage believers to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ and their reliance on the power & presence of the Holy Spirit. I am not a perfect human by any means. I struggle with all the craziness of this earthly flesh. When I do not live in the power and presence of the Spirit of God, no good thing comes from me nor do I see spiritual fruit for the harvest. May we think through how to take up our cross daily and at the same time encourage others to follow Jesus Christ. As one theologian said, "It's not the healthy that need a doctor but the sick, and boy oh boy am I sick and tired."

Some Questions to Ponder and Discuss in the Future... (Matt. 9:9-13; Luke 5:31,32)
• What do the "sick" look like today?
• Where do we find the "sick" who need the Doctor?
• How do we encourage the "sick" to seek the Doctor?
• When do we encourage the "sick" to tell others about the Doctor?
• Who has the time to help the "sick" get well?
• To what extent do we get involved with the "sick"?
• Why don't we pay someone else to handle the "sick"?
• Do the "sick" get better overnight?
• What are some signs of health in a "sick" person?

Prayer:
God, so many times my best intentions are mere rags. I get out ahead of you and I fail. My pride becomes a stumbling block to others. My frustration bears no spiritual fruit. May I learn to live in the shadow of your grace and learn to seek your presence throughout my day. May I be a peacemaker. Help me be a healer of wounds! Help me along this path. May I be so compelled by your love that I walk uprightly and in the process guide others along this journey. May I be gracious in my speech to all. May I learn your wisdom and walk in your ways. I love to get out of the boat and walk, however Lord, I need to keep my eyes on you during this journey. Teach me to not look to my left or right, but stick to the task before me. Help me not get distracted with things that distract my focus from my journey towards eternity with you.

No comments: