Friday, April 22

Gifts of the Holy Spirit: Prophecy Cont.

Here are some of the responses that I got back regarding the gifts of prophecy. I think these sum up a good deal of information for us.

Harold...

Many including myself have this gift, I know quite a few. Recognize it is distinctly different from the role of a prophet in the OT. As Paul who had the gift says "we prophesy in part, we know in part" so all prophecy should be discerned by others with the gift present, and all prophecy (gift form) is limited to "exhortation, edification and
comfort" says brother Paul. It's not so spooky and usually confirms what you are already discerning or "checks it". Gifts are not what we focus upon as much as the Giver, seperating us from the lunatic fringe or the carnal like in Corinthians who went overboard. One other thing "personal prophecy is not a gift but a curse when directed towards you, ignore it and keep your sanity!


Monique...
EMAIL#1

I am looking for someone qualified to explain biblically the gifts of the spirit. Personnally I have to tell you that when i became fully aware of what Jesus answered to Nicodemeus, I asked the Lord to accept me as fully committed to him and that I was willing to serve him no matter what the cost was. I pray to be used and That I wanted everything he had for me then It stared to happenned. I would find myself giving people a word of encouragement and telling them what the Lord had to say to them .Word of wisdom In church i found myself standing up and speaking in tongues and someone else had the gift of interpretation. Or the holy Spirit would give me a message for someone or the church. Latter on the holy spirit would wake me up in the middle of the night and give me a word for a specific person. I would get up and write it down. I found no matter what the manifestation was it had to be biblical and it always was. And there always was a confirmation from someone else. And the word given. there was encouragement or warning or guidance and the person that I gave it too was waiting for it or it was confirmed. I never can answer questions about it.that is not my job and after i passed the message . I forgot it . i never keep record of it. that is not my job. The holy spirit is a spirit of order and He will use anyone that is willing to be used. i did not know for years this was a gift of prophecy. I just did what the holy spirit asked me to do. The holy spirit is a spirit of order and wisdom. Very often it ended Thus says the lord. As everything else if you asked truly believeing the lord will be faitfull.

EMAIL #2

As you well know God is the author and fininisher of our faith He gave us the comforter, holy spirit John 15 26. but relating to the question asked
1 Cor 12-7
1 Cor 12-12
1 Cor 14-3
1 Cor 14-29
1 Cor 14-33
Everything must be done in faith and guided by the holy spirit and The Word. One will be given the gift of prophecy as needed for the body of christ. The Gift of prophecy come and is fully of god. the same person can have this gift but it is not His and it is vital to understand it The holy spirit is using them. It is vital to realize it is not your in any shape or form. a deep attittude of meekness is important in this matter.Always asking The lord to use us and pray that one's own pride does not interfere. No one can teach you to but the holy spirit.It is truly a divine gift. I have found that one must wanted to be used and most of all is willing to be used in whatever manner god desires. No man can teach the gift of prophecy. It is truly a gift from the holy spirit. And it is always biblical. As it is needed, the holy spirit will use man or woman. I hope this might help you all. In an healthly body all the gifts should be able to be manifested, in God perfect timing. To be a prophet or to be used as a prophet is a very awesome thing, because one has to be completely obedient to the holy spirit and every word given. As one is instructed on time place and person or body , obedience is absolutely vital.It is an awesome responsability. I have wept on the very sobering words or understood the gravity of the situation.but we are just used as a tool.and one must realize that it is god speaking through you. It is not yours to explain, keep or question, you are just the messenger. If the holy Spirit decided to tell you more you shall know it.Remember what is of God is God.

No comments: