Friday, February 25

Waking up with God on our Minds

My son wakes up every morning with Mommie on his mind. Yes, he is 21 months and every morning he begins his routine by needing to connect with "Mommie". Until he connects with Mommie, he is completely unsatisfied. He is frustrated and in need of that connection.

Through the expressions of our kids, God gives us glimpses of what it means to have a relationship with Him. I need to wake up every morning with a deep desire to connect with God. A deep desire to communion with God. An unsatisfied thirst until my heart connects with the fountains of God's love.

Ways I connect with God ...
Prayer
Silence / Solitude
Reading the Bible
Reading a "Deeper Life Book"
Walking around the Park and Praying
Praying with my kids
Asking my kids to pray for me when things are tough... the faith of a child is always encouraging.

May your heart thirst for God much like my son's heart and mind thirsts to connect with his "mommie".

No comments: